Thursday, May 1, 2008

Caveira Test on a Bologna Budget

Brick update:

OK....

We went to see the brick supplier (he is the nicest man) and as luck would have it, none....not one of the bricks in the previous pictures was available from the supplier. Then to top it off, my favorite and the close second are also more expensive the our allowance. The other selections weren't the correct size/design for our home. Who knew that selecting brick would be so darn complex.....not I said the first time home builder!

I hope that isn't a sign that my selections will always be more then our budget! Shomari and I always seem to walk in the store and pick the most expensive product....not purposely.... it just always happens that way! Caveira Test on a Bologna Budget

I explained what the supplier said to the builder and went back to the drawing board to select a brick that is available by the supplier and in our budget. But Listy (the builder's wife) insisted that she would contact the company that supplies the brick and get a quote. We waited for several weeks for the quote (still hoping but certainly looking for a back up) and it isn't as bad as we originally thought. In fact it is very possible for us to get the brick we select originally, if we go with a different color mortar (a less expensive mortar).

We will make a selection between these 2...let us know what you think...






This is the Bellhaven brick



This is the Brandon birck

1 comment:

ruthchris said...

Hello Louis family. After having a tour of your new home in the making, I know it is going to be beautiful. I can't wait to see the finished product!! Oh and I like the bricks you guys went with:)